Sunday 15 August 2010

Message in a bottle

As the sand slithers beneath my feet so bare,
And the wind, it blows, where nobody goes,
I think of the future, and I think of you and me,
What would it be to myself I ask.
A broken bottle lays shimmering in the sand,
Worn yet worthy of a loving hand.
In the bottle there is a message,
From a far away land, written by hand.
Its reads to me like this, A tender message,
That goes like this.
To the finder of this bottle which float across the sea,
I hope that it will reach you before its too late,
My dearest, beloved Daphne.
I beg for your forgiveness, though it was not me,
Who did us any wrong.
I beg of you to return home now,
For unlike you my heart is not so strong.
I know you are with him right now,
I beg of you to be led astray,
But if this is the recipe to your happiness,
Then I wish of you to stay.
When you wrap your arms around him,
I know you think him as you once did of me,
You hearts will be bound together,
Whiles mine is bound up to the trunk of a tree.
For me you have little use now,
So I shall bid you a reluctant farewell,
Please throw this bottle far into the ocean,
An unlock my heart from this eternal hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment